Wednesday, March 25, 2020

My Daily Driver: @thenickdallshow's Volvo V70R


1. How did you come to the decision of buying this car?

I have always loved Volvos, especially wagons, and this has always been a unicorn that I've needed to own. I searched for a couple of years and found this one in my own back yard.

2. What has your ownership experience been like?

As with any Ford-era Volvo, I have dealt with more than my fair share of electrical quirks and somewhat costly maintenance. That being said, it is an amazing family hauler that (I think) looks fantastic, sounds great with the aftermarket exhaust, and gets me through the Utah snow with aplomb.


3. What is your fondest memory with this car?

My fondest memory is my mother-in-law complaining that it rode too harshly, was too noisy, and the windows were too dark.


4. Why do you love cars?

Cars have always been a large part of my family. My paternal grandfather owned a few old MG's; I have a Porsche enthusiast uncle (who passed his love of Porsches on to me, and I'm now the proud owner of a couple myself); and my father has always loved Volvos. They are satisfying to every sense and provide me with great enjoyment and pride.

---
If you would like to participate, just answer the above four questions and submit one to three photos of your daily driver to milhousevanh at geemail. Thanks and have fun!

No comments: