Monday, March 23, 2020

My Daily Driver: @maaronweber's Ford Fiesta ST

This is a new series/project. Since everyone is at home bored and/or stressed out of their minds because of the global pandemic, I thought it would be fun to have you fellow car geeks answer four simple questions about your daily driver.

If you are interested, email me at milhousevanh at the geemail. Just answer the four questions and submit one to three photos of your daily driver. Thanks!

1. How did you come to the decision of buying this car?

Our RSX Type-S was in bad shape. We needed a new, fun, small city car. No dealer in Sacramento had one to test so I drove a base car and made some turbo noises while shifting. I leased one to my spec. I loved it so much, I bought it after the lease ended.


2. What has your ownership experience been like?

Ownership has been good? The dealer I bought it from sucked so bad, but the car itself has been great!

I had a bad A/C compressor that was fixed under warranty at 25,000 miles. The car has just under 40,000 miles now.

The FiST is just as great as all the journos said: *Extremely* fun to drive.

3. What is your fondest memory with this car?

My fondest memory is bringing it from the dealer to my dad's house so I could take him for a cruise. He always had fast cars (C4/5 Corvettes, Turbo Z31 (300ZX), kit Cobra) and couldn't help but smile when the little turbo kicked in.


4. Why do you love cars?

I love cars because of my dad. It's basic af, but so many great experiences growing up-- going to shows, working on his project cars, hitting up the newsstand to check out AutoTrader and all the rare British and Japanese car magazines...

Also, I love a nice canyon run with the windows down.

No comments: