Tuesday, March 24, 2020

My Daily Driver: @drewmisk's Chevy Monte Carlo SS


1. How did you come to the decision of buying this car?

Well that's a bit of an interesting story in that I actually had no choice in it. Believe it or not this is actually my first car.  I was looking around for something interesting at the time and as you know interesting does not equal cheap unfortunately. I didn't know this at the time but my grandfather had offered to my parents to help buy me a car. Well long story short his idea of "helping" me buy a car is buying a car and then just showing up one day and going 'hey here's your car'. I wasn't quite expecting something like this for but hey why look a gift horse in the mouth? So that's how I ended up with a mid 80's muscle (I use that term loosely) car for my first car.

2. What has your ownership experience been like?

I think complicated is a good term to describe it. It had had a lot of work done before I got it to make it road worthy but it still wasn't without it share of big and small issues. I only had it about 3 or 4 weeks before the first issues began to appear.  The carburetor it had on it was incorrectly tuned and it got so bad to the point where it couldn't idle a light with out your foot on the gas. so we ditched the old carb and intake and put on a new one and things settled down for all of 2 days before we starting to have issues with the car missing and not running right so that necessitated a distributor change which fixed thing for quite a while. Had to do some minor trans work recently as well. but apart from those things it's been surprisingly reliable and enjoyable to drive even if it gets 10MPG. 

3. What is your fondest memory with this car?


Oh gosh umm I'm not really sure to be honest. Haven't really had it long enough to make great one yet. Hopefully I will this summer. 

4. Why do you love cars?

I guess it's more just because I love machines in general but the ability to be in control and to have all that power at your finger tips makes cars just that little bit more alluring. 

---
If you would like to participate, just answer the above four questions and submit one to three photos of your daily driver to milhousevanh at geemail. Thanks and have fun!

No comments: