Sunday, March 29, 2020

My Daily Driver: @strohl_daniel's Dodge Magnum R/T


1. How did you come to the decision of buying this car?

Bought it because my 1998 GMC Yukon had too much rust to pass Vermont inspection, and while that was a disappointing episode (it was a good truck!), I was all too pleased to find this Magnum f/s by its original owners an hour away.

2. What has your ownership experience been like?

Super clean, superbly maintained, fairly well loaded, and a joy to drive.

3. What is your fondest memory with this car?

No one fav memory, but my 3yo son prefers riding in it to my wife’s Forester.

4. Why do you love cars?

Good question. Growing up in working class rural Ohio, I had to get familiar with a wrench real fast. Plunged myself into the literature and the culture to learn as much as I could. And then I found myself writing about cars for a living. I’m certainly fascinated with the cultural context of automobiles and auto history (cars are an interesting but incomplete lens through which to view 20th C. history), along with cars as a medium for self-expression. But I also recognize the problematic nature of cars and car culture and try to do my best not to love cars, but to understand them.

---
If you would like to participate, just answer the above four questions and submit one to three photos of your daily driver to milhousevanh at geemail. Thanks and have fun!

No comments: