Tuesday, March 24, 2020

My Daily Driver: @PatsCurtins's BMW E30


1. How did you come to the decision of buying this car?

I had wanted an E30 since high school. I lusted after a clean one for about 6 years and bought this the day after Halloween 2018. The craigslist post had only been up about a day and I was one of the first people to look at it. The owner told me he had bought the car a year prior from a BMW master mechanic in Texas. I drove the car about three blocks and fell in love.

2. What has your ownership experience been like?

Ownership has been a dream. The master mechanic had swapped in a manual transmission that shifted smooth. I’ve had to do lots of work on it to keep it running, but it’s been a great way to learn about cars.

3. What is your fondest memory with this car?

The first time I adjusted the valves was the first time I’d ever opened an engine. After adjusting them, I had made the car sound awful. It ended up taking 4 more attempts before I was able to figure out my mistakes. In the end I figured it out, but I hated this car for about hours.


4. Why do you love cars?

I think they’re the perfect combination of artistry and practicality. Nothing better than a good looking van.

---
If you would like to participate, just answer the above four questions and submit one to three photos of your daily driver to milhousevanh at geemail. Thanks and have fun!

No comments: