Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Riding in a Citroen DS21

Yesterday evening, I got to ride in a DS for the first time. It was a 1969 1/2 model that was originally owned by a Citroen executive. I rode shotgun down (and up) a curvy road that was littered with potholes. The handling, for such an old car, was incredible. And its ability to effortlessly soak up the rough road was remarkable. Given the poor lighting (and it nearing supper-time), I did not take many photos.



For the life of me, I could not figure out how to work this door lock. I felt like the gifted kid in that Far Side cartoon.





3 comments:

Walter R. Moore said...

I am profoundly jealous.

Ozmac said...

The seats are nice and plush, like big armchairs. Next time, also spend a little time in the BACK seat, where you really notice the lack of a raised transmission tunnel in the centre of the floor. With the wide, flat floor it feels like a nice big lounge room.

byaryoga said...

Hence the FWD