Friday, November 14, 2014

Hongqi H7 photos


Our resident automotive analyst Ed had the following to say about the H7:

The back seat was indeed dope. Although I can't say it was any better than the back seat in, say, an Infiniti Q70 LWB.

The best feature, which is common in Asian executive cars anyways, is the power front passenger seat controls for the right side rear passenger, who can max his/her legroom by moving the front passenger seat out of the way.

Also, the materials and build quality were as good as any Lexus - not surprising as the car is heavily based on the Crown. 

Here are pics!


5 comments:

Ed Kim said...

This car makes me want to have a party...a Communist Party!!

Seeing this car was a total awesome surprise...I didn't wake up that morning knowing that I'd be sitting in one later that day. :)

Rich said...

Oooh, nice pics. Story idea: Chinese-character car emblems of... China.

Maxichamp said...

@Ed: Did you see the Hongqi here in America? I vaguely recall your recent trip to the Orient.

Maxichamp said...

@Rchen: If I knew how to read Chinese, it would be a lot easier. I can see the trunk lid emblem, but I don't know if it's the name of the make, model, co-venture, or dealership.

Ed Kim said...

Believe it or not, I did see it in the US! It was at the JCI exhibit at the 2013 Detroit auto show. JCI supplied much of the interior, hence its presence at their stand.