Sunday, June 06, 2010

2007 Concorso D'Eleganza Villa D'Este

I just came across a site called Supercarfrance.  I'm wasting my Sunday afternoon away looking at pictures of dozens of rare, coach-built cars.  Here are a few from the 2007 show.

This Monteverdi 375/4 may be my favorite sedan of all time.  I never knew it existed until today.  I can't get over how long the front doors are.  It looks like an Italian GT up front and a ZIL in the back.  Only 30 of these were made.  A Chrysler 440 was used (that's 7.2 liters) and almost all of them went to the Middle East.  Supposedly, the Qatari royal family still has five of them and uses them regularly.

This BMW 2002 GT4 Frua prototype looks very Japanese.


I have never been a fan of Maserati Ghiblis but this SS Spyder looks perfect.  Is it the paint or the angle of the shot?


Every car show has to have at least one monstrosity.  Here is the Rolls-Royce Phantom VI Frua drophead coupe.


BMW 3200 Michelotti Vignale.

1 comment:

Graham Clayton said...

The Rolls-Royce Phantom VI Frua drophead coupe reminds me of the pink Rolls-Royce in the "Thunderbirds" TV series!