I understand that a car with 126,000 miles is not going to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But this is what the inspection revealed:
- Timing belt needs replacing (6,000 miles overdue).
- Serpentine belt needs replacing.
- Both CV boots torn.
- Right upper engine mount blown.
- Negative battery cable corroded internally.
- Left rear link rod worn out.
- Oil filter not tightened fully(!).
- Possible oil leak (engine recently cleaned).
- Gravel shield broken at 2 mounts.
- Two rear bulbs out.
- Miscellaneous fault codes.
- Service light on.
I passed. The search continues.