Wednesday, April 01, 2015

MR2-driving bullet trainspotter

If my cousin doesn't drive us to Suzuka, we're probably going to take the bullet train. I haven't taken one since I was a kid. In fact, I rummaged through some old photos and found this.


Now that I think about it, I believe I took that picture with my trusty Kyocera Samurai. I loved that camera. People thought it was a miniature movie camera, except it wasn't.


Back to the story. I found this great series called Begin Japanology. This episode is about the history of the bullet train. The entire episode is worth watching, but starting at the 19:06 mark, there is a story of a man obsessed with taking photos of bullet trains all over the country. He travels with his 3.5 meter ladder in a Mark 1 MR2!


1 comment:

Alan said...

Awesome.

We were making final arrangements to go to Japan when we found out Carlo was on the way. I'm not complaining, he's awesome, but riding the bullet was the first thing we had planned.

Maybe in a few years. Have fun.