Friday, February 22, 2013

Last week's drive down to Southern California

I didn't take that many photos of the trip, but I want to share these with you.  We stopped for lunch in the college town of San Luis Obispo, which this book says is one of the happiest places on earth.  While my wife went clothes shopping, I hung out on the sidewalk and spotted this very tall Delica with British Columbia plates.  These Delicas are so rare, I remember every one I have seen in the States.  I saw my first one in Napa, then in Portland, then Oakland, and this one in SLO.


We then stopped in Santa Barbara because I wanted to show my wife the mission there.  In the 1700s and 1800s, the Spanish and the Mexicans built 21 missions in Alta California to convert and house Indians.  They were each a day's walk from the next mission.  Santa Barbara is arguably the grandest and most beautiful of them all.


Finally, we have this picture from my hometown of Irvine.  We visited a friend and I noticed his neighbor owns an Audi A8L.  Thus, this picture.

No comments: