Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 11 blog


Trouble in paradise. Since the Shelter In Place in March, more and more wild animals have been spotted in residential areas. Last week, I saw this coyote during my dawn run. Yesterday, in broad daylight, a coyote (possible the same one) bit a toddler in the leg at a nearby park. This morning, these signs were everywhere.



Three unique cars were spotted during my grocery run. First up is this International truck convertible. I might have told this story before but a college friend had one, in white. He got it from his Alaskan uncle. For the long drives up there, his uncle outfitted a 50-gallon auxiliary tank. I once had a pilonidal cyst (literally a pain in the ass) in college. At that time, it was the worst pain in my life (my recent kidney stone was worse). My buddy drove me to the emergency room in his International!


Next up is this relatively mundane ML63. But think about it. You've seen plenty of ML55s. You've seen GL-whatever-MLs-are-called-now 63s. But an "ML63"? How many of these were sold?


And look at this Italian number I spotted parked in front of Panda Express.


Going back to yesterday, I broke my Twitter vow of silence and posted the Saab 9-4X. It was a popular tweet!



So after that tweet, I started obsessing over the 9-4X and the 9-7X. The 9-4X's interior was incredible. The 9-7X's interior was...GM. I can't believe the Aero version had a 6.0 liter LS2 in it.

Remember SaabKyle04?




A few more random thoughts. First, it's the 25th anniversary of Srebrenica. There was only one point in my life when I wanted to take up arms and fight. It was in the early 1990s when I saw on TV what was happening to those poor Bosnian Muslims.


I meant to post this earlier, but Public Enemy (with a reunited Flavor Flav) had an updated song at the BET Awards show.


Finally, I learned yesterday that Cape Mendocino along California's Lost Coast is the westernmost point in the Lower 48. Here is a Huell Howser episode about the lighthouse there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which reminds me: the puma reported on my neighbourhood later became a puma cub, to be identified (on surveillance video, because it was never found) by experts as a big cat... maybe some wild cat, maybe domestic.