Friday, August 12, 2016

Eating the Globe: Russia


Success!

1. I got to meet Augie.
2. I had a tasty Russian meal.
3. I get to color in a huge piece of the globe by crossing Russia off the To Eat list.

Gentleman Augie and I went to Baltica, a half-Russian, half-Filipino, and half-BBQ joint. We shared some potato-stuffed piroshkis. For something that should taste bland, it was quite flavorful.

I got the beef stroganoff. It was creamy and the beef was slow cooked for a looong time. I was surprised it wasn't on a bed of pasta, but it might be because I asked for a side of veggies. Perhaps I was supposed to ask for a side of pasta. The vegetable soup was just vegetable soup.


After the meal, I got a ride in Augie's Porsche. It smelled and sounded like a dream.


Countries tried so far:
Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa
Asia: Afghanistan, Burma, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Yemen
Europe: Bosnia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
North America: Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, USA
South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela
Oceania: Samoa, Tonga

1 comment:

augie said...

hi jim. it was great to meet you! i'm glad you enjoyed the ride, maybe we can organize a small get together of the enthusiasts in the area some time soon.