Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chrysler TC by Maserati


I'm reading a hilarious book about 1980s Maseratis. It's obviously written by a diehard fan, but it is brutally honest. The first chapter is about what a dick jerk Alejandro de Tomaso was. The next few chapters identify every single thing wrong with the BiTurbo, from design to manufacturing to marketing. It appears that the first version was introduced with no testing whatsoever, and that subsequent versions tried to improve on the original.

The last chapter I read before going to sleep was about the Chrysler TC by Maserati. I learned that:

  • The logo for the car is called a PentaTrident.
  • Chrysler insisted that when the words Chrysler and Maserati were placed near each other, the font size for Maserati had to be 80% of Chrysler's font size.
  • The 1987 Monaco GP featured two TC safety cars.
I can't find a picture of the safety cars so I reached out to the TC Owners Club this morning, which happens to be headquartered one town over from me!

No comments: