Sunday, June 17, 2012

Motorama Lafayette 2012 photos

First, an apology.  The show started at 9 a.m.  I got to a really slow start.  By the time I got to the show, it was 2:30 p.m. and more than half the cars were already gone.  Still, there were quite a few interesting cars left.

This Maserati Ghibli came all the way from Carmel.





This Maserati Sebring wasn't too shabby either.



Little Nash Metropolitan.



Old Cord and newish Alfa Romeo 8C.

At first, I thought this was an Italian roadster, but it's actually an MG Midget.


Cute Morris Minor 1000 Traveller Woodie.  It was purchased new from Tunnel Motors in Walnut Creek.



I've seen this Esprit before at another local show, but not the engine bay.




This 1967 Lotus Seven was one of the last 2nd generation Sevens made.  It's a 1962.


I don't know much about motorbikes, but this looked intriguing.  It's a 1970 OSSA Pioneer Enduro from Spain.  Ozmac and others: Can you shed some light on this?


3 comments:

Peter Secor said...

Looks like a great show. Do you have a calendar of the events that is easily consumable (RSS or similar)? I seem to keep missing everything by one day and am now very sad ;)

Maxichamp said...

@Peter: I'm not aware of one. But here are the ones I plan on going to locally:

-Seconds Saturdays at Hanzel's (every second Saturday of the month at around 8:30 a.m.).
-Orinda Car Show (Sept. 22).
-all the stuff in Monterey in August.

I might play around the Blogger platform and see if I can do something. If not, I'll start giving people a heads up about a week before each show.

Are you going to Monterey? If so, which shows?

Rich said...

Just as an exercise, adding:

- Sausalito Cars & Coffee http://www.californiamille.com/amicievents.html

- As I understand it, Santana Row Cars & Coffee has moved to the nearby Cinearts theatre parking lot: http://www.gearheadexchange.net/blog/tag/cars-and-coffee-santana-row

- Pedal Pushers Pullover Rally in the fall, date tba http://www.thepedalpushers.com/events.html

- Hot August Nights? Have never gone myself.