Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eddins Moto photos

During lunch, I stopped by Jaan's shop for a quick peek.  I'm working on a 10-question interview, so if you have any suggestions for questions, please let me know.


The Fiat X1/9 in the foreground is the shop's errand truck.




Jaan was working on this Flavia 1.8.  It came in for a brake job but Jaan ended up fixing the fuel injection.  This particular example is so emblematic of Flavias, it is the subject of a Wikipedia photo of a Flavia.  Between 1965 and 1967, just 72 Flavia's came with fuel injection.  Jaan has never seen one that worked perfectly.



I asked if injection owners ever switched to carburetors for reliability.  He replied: Why?  Look how beautiful it is.


Spare parts are not available, anywhere.  So they have to be handmade, here.



A job that would stress out many a professional seemed calming, almost meditative, for this mechanic.


Inside, a somber Lancia Flamina and a Porsche 911 Turbo are up in the air, with their undersides exposed.










As I left, we partially pulled the cover off of this other Fiat.  The owner is a cannon collector (!) and the yellow paint was used to restore one of his cannons.  Wow.


2 comments:

Alan said...

I've got one:

Jaan, how does it feel to be awesome?

Also, I'm very jealous. I want to go to there.

Rich said...

Pretty sure that Flavia coupe is the very car I was looking at, when the Citroen XM came up for sale in Oregon. Still love love love the rear 3/4 view on the coupe.

Oh cruel world, why do you have to make me choose?