Saturday, October 16, 2010

1970s West Coast motorcycle sidecar racing

My friend C, who owns a pickup truck, was kind enough to go with me today to pick up the engine block.  On the way, we passed by Sears Point/Infineon Raceway.  It was then that he revealed to me that back in the good ol' days, he participated in motorcycle sidecar racing.  I thought it was just for chips-eating Belgians, but apparently, a few Americans were into it as well.

C piloted a modified BMW at Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Ontario Motors Speedway, and once up in Portland.  Here are some vintage photos C shared:

The 1969 Ford Torino was C's.  Tres badass.
#32 at Sears Point.

2 comments:

John L said...

Fantastic!

MattC said...

Apparently, motorcycle sidecar racing is still going stron and had a small if loyal following. I do question the sanity of the sidecar racers though