Monday, September 29, 2008

Chinese Astronaut / Taikonaut Parade

Congratulations to the three Chinese taikonauts who just completed their spacewalk mission. Of course, there is reason to celebrate this improbable achievement. What better way is there to celebrate than with a parade? I've always been a sucker for convertible limousines produced by Communist and ex-Communist states.

I am not a Chinese car expert so I have no idea what these are. My guess would be Honqi but I'm just not sure. I love the derivative styling of the front ends (they look like massaged front ends of the Infiniti M35/M45. I especially admire the grill badge that almost looks like one belonging to Infiniti.

When China starts designing cars that are purely Chinese (and cannot be confused with anyone else), then it has become a true economic superpower.

Oh, and Happy National Day, Red China!

CKY

No comments: