Wednesday, September 03, 2008

10 Days, 10 Formula One Sponsors (Day 5)

When I came up with the theme to this series over the weekend, I secretly dreaded Panasonic/Toyota. I rummaged through the drawers, checking to see if the tape recorder that I haven't used in ages is a Panasonic (it wasn't). I thought I'd have to either borrow a friend's Prius or buy something made by Panasonic to cross the F1 team off the list. But then, lo and behold, staring right at me next to the computer is my Panasonic phone.

I've had the KX-TG2352 for three years now. It has served its purpose. I don't like the cheap feel and the sound quality is so-so. However, as I use my cell phone much more often than this Panasonic, I couldn't justify spending the money and buying a new phone.


Summary:
Day 1, Kingfisher beer, Force India, 8/10
Day 2, Intel chip, BMW Sauber, no rating
Day 3, Mercedes-Benz C300, McLaren Mercedes, 3/10
Day 4, ING Direct savings account, Renault, 6/10
Day 5, Panasonic KX-TG2352, Toyota, 4/10

As you can see, aside from Kingfisher beer, the F1 sponsors sell some pretty mediocre products and services. What products and services lie ahead in the second half of this series? Stay tuned?

CKY

No comments: