Monday, July 27, 2020

Walking Yokohama Chinatown

Well, the book I'm reading is pretty good. I have not completed a book since 2019 and I think I will be able to finish this one by the end of this week.

I emailed the author and he was able to get me some information about my dad's side of the family. Immediately after World War II, the U.S. had the Japanese take a census of every Chinese national in Kanagawa Prefecture. It showed my grandfather, who was born in 1896, my grandmother, who was 18 years younger than him, and my dad's three older siblings. It listed my grandfather as a clothing merchant.

Here is a walk though of Chinatown. You won't believe how many restaurants they packed in such a tiny footprint. Our family restaurant is at the 17:34 mark. It's on the left side with the green signs. My cousin's parking space is next to that three-wheeled scooter.

No comments: