Thursday, July 09, 2020

July 9 blog

Day 2 of not having the Twitter app on my phone.

First up, my son wanted me to show my friends what he can do with his Big Wheel.



Second, I'm daydreaming about my next trip. The one place I really want to visit in California is the Lost Coast. It's about 100 miles of wilderness north of San Francisco. When I was in college, I belonged to a group called Bay Area Friends of Sinkyone. It advocated for the native Sinkyone people of the Lost Coast, who were threatened by loggers. I have never been and it looks beautiful.

This is a great write up that I found.


And finally, this travel vlogger. I meant to post this Bolivia clip back in May. But then life got in the way. It's about a crazy Brit doing wild and dangerous things in sketchy parts of the world. Here he was, trying to get mugged in a bad neighborhood.


Well, I went back on his channel and guess what. He went to Serbia, caught Covid-19, and almost died. His description of his ordeal is terrifying.

No comments: