Friday, April 26, 2013

2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD test drive review


I test drove this automatic with 95,000 miles yesterday. Apparently, someone bought it right after I drove it. It was listed for $9,600.


First, the numbers. The turbocharged 5 cylinder puts out 217 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque. That's not bad for such a relatively little car (around 3,100 pounds).


The driving experience was on the bland side. Despite its mileage, everything inside felt solid. There were just a few normal squeaks and rattles. The car had just enough power on steep climbs, but it felt like there was a momentary delay whenever I put my foot to the accelerator pedal, whether I was slowly entering an intersection from a complete stop or flooring it. The steering was precise but numb, with a hint of torque steer.


I forgot to sit in the back seat or check out the cargo area. I was just not that excited about this car.


No comments: