Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sample EPA fuel economy stickers

The EPA has this tool where you can print out your car's fuel mileage estimates.  I went to the site and printed a few cars that have been on my mind recently.

I coveted the G8.

I test drove the Phaeton.

 I almost went to see a 505 recently.

 This is definitely in the running as my potential weekend car.  Call me DeSoto as I look for that fountain of youth, filled to the brim with lightly used and pampered 560SECs.

 My daily driver.  My driving is a mix of 80% city, 20% highway, and I get about 26 mpg-ish.

3 comments:

steve-vh said...

Very interesting, thanks. I've often wanted to put my MPG on the back window of my H3. 18-20 is way better than most SUV's yet public perception is way different. Unfortunatley, the old('07 and back) and new numbers are way off what I'v always gotten.
The numbers for my 88 735i were way off too.

Maxichamp said...

@steve-vh: I think the numbers shown differ from what was on the original window sticker. The EPA has modified the numbers, based on real world conditions.

steve-vh said...

yeah, I checked that, they changed how it's done after '07. Even the original converted #'s are way off though. i checked several vehicles I own and none were even close. too bad. maybe we're just conscientious drivers?