Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tesla Roadster, Lotus Elite 503, Citroen SM

B came by today in his Tesla.  It's fast, fun, tiny, noisy, and relatively comfortable.  I took it through Canyon, a small hamlet set in the middle of a large grove of redwood trees.  I am ashamed to say that a local passed me in his WRX wagon.

There is no really graceful way for a tall-ish, unbendy, guy to get in and out of the Tesla.

Carbon fiber, check.  Monoblade wiper, check.


We had lunch in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco.  It was essentially a forgotten industrial wasteland.  It started gentrifying just before the economy tanked.  The hope is that the biotech firms nearby and America's Cup will bring forth a renaissance.

On the way to our eatery, I spotted this Lotus Elite 503.  Here is a road test from 1975.
The plaque will definitely NOT say 2010.


After lunch, we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood.  This was in a used car lot.  Holy smokes, it's got the American headlights and is covered with a huge University of Oklahoma flag.

2 comments:

longrooffan said...

I figured that Sooner or later another SM would be on this blog. Nice sightings!

Maxichamp said...

@longrooffan: I explained the Citroen suspension to my gadget loving friend when we saw the SM and he's hooked.