I won't be posting again until next week. In the meantime, enjoy these videos I put together. They are my favorite songs from my favorite female singers.
And one more thing, the ranking is sort of arbitrary. It changes with my mood. This is how I rank them right now. Today. This hour. This minute. This second.
12. Kate Piersen and Cindy Wilson of The B52s singing Roam: Camp with sincerity.
11. Boy George of Culture Club singing Karma Chameleon: Strange name for a lady, no?
10. Enya singing Only Time: Alternately reminds me of my unheated college apartment in the dead of winter and sunny drives down to San Diego on Interstate 5 (segment between San Onofre and Camp Pendleton).
9. Lauryn Hill of The Fugees singing Killing Me Softly: That voice!
8. Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries singing Linger: Pure, unadulterated.
7. Bjork singing Human Behavior: Haunting, angelic.
6. Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies singing Sweet Jane: Smooth and suicidally depressing.
5. Annie Lennox singing No More I Love Yous: Creepy in a satisfying, passionate way.
4. Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star singing Fade Into You: Bittersweet.
3. Dido singing Thank You: Smooth.
2. Natalie Merchant of 10,000 Maniacs singing These Are Days: Sweet, youthful energy.
1. Sarah McLachlan singing Adia: The most beautiful song ever.