Thursday, April 16, 2020

GAF View Master Movie Viewer

Did anyone else have this as a child?

The memory of watching Popeye with a handheld movie viewer popped into my head randomly so I looked it up online. I just remember it was blue. Google is amazing.

I had this in late 1970s/early 1980s Taiwan. In retrospect, this must have been expensive and rare. I remember my grandmother packing a hot dog in my school lunch once and people acted as if it were filet mignon. I have no recollection who bought this for me.


Essentially, it plays silent movies. You stick a cartridge in and voila. I just had one cartridge. One side had Casper (scary) and the other side had Popeye (action packed).

Alas, I couldn't find the Casper or Popeye movie on YouTube, but here are some other examples.

No comments: