Sunday, February 23, 2014

My elementary school song


My mother sent me a picture of my elementary school in Taiwan yesterday. I attended first and second grade there before I moved to the United States. I looked it up online and the school actually has an English webpage. Even more surprisingly, someone posted the school's song, translated into English. We had to sing this song every morning, lined up and in our uniforms, like we were little North Korean soldiers. Ready?

Beside Keelung River, adjacent to Yuanshan, our community features many schools.
Early in the morning, we go to school and listen to teachers attentively.
We follow the mottoes of integrity and filial piety.
Classmates are like our siblings.
Teachers are like our parents.
We shall fight for the honor of Da Zhi one day.

No comments: