Friday, August 17, 2012

Phaeton W12 anecdote


I'm taking my car in to the local independent shop next week for a 50,000 mile service.  It's a relatively simple check-up along with oil and brake fluid changes.  I stopped by today to make sure that they had my oil filter in stock.

I was chatting it up with one of the co-owners.  This shop in a tiny town now regularly services four Phaetons, including a W12.  The W12 belongs to a guy with an eight-car collection, including a kit car that looks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and a Cadillac limousine for runs to the airport and Napa wine tastings.

Well, the guy bought the W12 for his wife, but she hates it.  He had it in for an oil change recently because it had been a year since the last oil change.  The shop checked the records and the car only travelled 120 miles in twelve months.

No comments: