Saturday, September 21, 2019

Jaguar XJ220 racing in America

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I have a love-hate relationship with DeMuro's videos. He has access to some pretty rad and rare cars and spends a lot of time on obscure bits like the door switches and rear view mirror. But something about the presentation just rubs me the wrong way.

Well, when I saw that he reviewed an XJ220, I HAD to watch it.


But what's even more fascinating is that there was a racing series in America in the early 1990s to promote the car. Retired racers were invited to drive them, and many of them got wrecked!


I know I've seen four in real life, maybe more. At Vijay Mallya's private collection, the Imperial Palace (Las Vegas) museum, the Marconi down in Orange County, and the Maserati museum in Riverside.

No comments: