Saturday, April 13, 2019

State of My Life address

Hello, everyone. As you have noticed, I have not been blogging as often or writing as much when I do blog. Between work and family, I simply don't have that much free time.

Our boy turned two last week. He's perfect and parenthood is amazing. As an added bonus, he loves cars and trucks.



We are also getting ready for our baby girl, who is due in July. She's kicking and moving a lot in my wife's belly, and we are certain she has a fiery personality.'

On the travel front, I'm going to the Indy 500 next month to watch Alonso race. I will be joined by a special someone you all know and love. It will be a fun trip.

I have nothing else planned vacation-wise, but I still look for recent Darien Gap videos on YouTube. Here's a video documenting a crossing, but it's in Czech.


On the car front, things will be different within a year's time. My i3's lease expires in March 2020. I will likely buy a two or three year old Land Cruiser. We are going to see how long my wife can tolerate two kids in the TSX wagon. An Odyssey or Sienna is probably in her future. Or a Metris?

I have stopped listening to the radio in the car altogether. No more music and no more news. It's just podcasts, podcasts, podcasts. My favorites right now are the Omnibus Project (trivia), East Bay Yesterday (local history), and Huell's Gold (old California TV series).

As for TV shows, I just watched Guava Island on Amazon and it's quirky, imaginative, and beautifully shot. 


I kinda hate Jeremy Clarkson but I heard the Mongolian episode of The Grand Tour was worth watching. And it was.


One series I want to watch is survivalist Ed Stafford's Channel 4 show where he lives as a homeless person. It looks pretty intense.

Geopolitics-wise, I am fascinated/shocked by the fall of Omar al-Bashir. The civil war in Libya seems to be ignored by the Western press.

In terms of blog series, I'm going to try to find a few more cars for my World Leaders Cars series (I have 175 countries covered so far) tonight while I watch the China Grand Prix. As for my Eating the Globe series, I am stuck in the low 100s. There are a few more Bay Area restaurants I have yet to explore and I should cook more exotic meals at home.

If you want to see what I am up to, Twitter is a good place. I spotted the replacement of the Ferrari FF this afternoon.


1 comment:

Tarlan said...

Well, just check The Grand Tour for their Georgia and Azerbaijan trip as well.