Assad is using Scuds. Where else has the missile been used?
- Yom Kippur War, 1973: Egypt shot three and killed nine Israeli soldiers near the Suez Canal.
- Libya, 1986: In retaliation to U.S. airstrikes, Libya fired two Scuds at a U.S. Coast Guard station on a nearby Italian island.
- Soviets and Afghan Communist forces used Scuds in the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
- Iran-Iraq War.
- More than a dozen Scuds were shot into Pakistan from Afghanistan in 1988.
- Gulf War: Iraq shot them at Israel and Saudi Arabia.
- Civil war in Yemen, 1994.
- Russians used them in Chechnya.
- Qaddafi loyalists fired Scuds in the 2011 Libyan civil war.