Sunday, July 22, 2012

Olympic Spotlight: Chile

Our series begins with reader Viva Chile's suggestion-- his compatriot, archer Denisse van Lamoen.  She was voted Chile's Athlete of the Year in 2011 after winning the World Archery Championships.  She will be Chile's flag bearer at the opening ceremonies next week.

Here is van Lamoen in a Directv spot.  What a badass!


Keep the suggestions coming.  I'm looking at you, readers in Indonesia, Germany, France, the UK, Spain, Poland, Canada, the Czech Republic,....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ad with Tomás González is pretty over the top too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmbVlglVjEk

I think he has a better chance than her of getting a medal. Maybe a silver and a bronze, or two bronzes.

I don't want to expect too much our team often come back without a single medal! Our latest prizes came from out tennis players but González is retired and Massú is terrible.

Maxichamp said...

@Viva: DirecTV has a large advertising budget!

I don't know if I like his mustache.

Anonymous said...

And so today Denisse lost on her first match, not winning a single match and therefore ended its participation in London 2012...

I try not to get excited but with all the hype, I was really expecting better from her. I guess the only real chance for a medal now is González.