Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Matchbox Superfast No. 60 Holden Pick-Up

I was inspired recently to look in my closet, dig deep, and unearth my childhood toy collection. In one of the boxes, I found my diecast car collection. They consist mostly of cars made by Tomica, Matchbox, Hot Wheels, and Majorette. Vintage-wise, they range from early 1970s to early 1980s.

As a child, I prided myself in how I took care of my cars. But as I look at them today, they are in varying states of decay. My other surprise-- the eclectic nature of my collection. I've got everything from Chevy Citations to double decker buses to dune buggy cop cars. What was I thinking?

I encourage all of you to look for your childhood toys. The rush of memories is incredible.

Over the next few weeks, I will post pictures of interesting cars from my private collection. I've never taken pictures of small objects close-up before so the quality should improve.

The "500" sticker held up nicely.

Classic Holden lines.


Note the plastic tow hook.



The motorbikes come off!

No comments: