Tuesday, March 24, 2020

My Daily Driver: @diadobro's Ford Fiesta ST


1. How did you come to the decision of buying this car?

I bought this car after selling my '99 XJ 2-door and suffering through a month of daily driving a 2014 Focus with a powershift transmission that we inherited from a family member. The Focus was a penalty box, base spec (s), maybe a rental in its previous life? Saw a dealer had a 2016 FiST with less than 10k miles for a reasonable price. It was love at first drive. An emotional decision. The hill-start assist was a key factor for my partner, who was hesitant to drive a manual in Seattle.

2. What has your ownership experience been like?

After a year of ownership, it's been painless and pleasurable. Basic regular maintenance and it hasn't let me down. It is my first "fun" front wheel drive car, and I still cackle every time it gets into boost, the front tires scrambling for traction on the always-damp Seattle blacktop.


3. What is your fondest memory with this car?

A late summer blast through Mt Rainier National Park. The roads were nearly empty, tourist season mostly over. After a gorgeous hike on a less-traveled trail, we set out to complete a loop through the park. The eTVC is surprising at first, but really inspires confidence once I learned to trust that the car wouldn't understeer.

4. Why do you love cars?

I think it is genetic. I grew up around old British iron, my old man was a Triumph guy throughout my childhood, his father was fond of Jaguars. Cars and motorcycles have provided a common ground for us for as long as I can remember.



---
If you would like to participate, just answer the above four questions and submit one to three photos of your daily driver to milhousevanh at geemail. Thanks and have fun!

No comments: