1. Ordered cream of broccoli soup and jambalaya pasta at Ruby Tuesdays at Detroit airport. Lava hot (microwaved) soup melts my taste buds yet somehow envelops totally raw broccoli. Realize that pasta contains 2,935 mg of sodium.
2. Flight delayed due to weather for 40 minutes.
3. Flight delayed for another 1 hour 40 minutes due to mechanical issues.
4. Airline has two reps re-routing a full planeload of passengers. I stand in line for over an hour in uncomfortable dress shoes.
5. Three people try to cut in line right in front of me. WTF!
6. Land in Denver. Connection to Oakland missed.
7. Issued hotel voucher in Detroit for a Doubletree Hotel in Denver. At the hotel shuttle stop, learn that there are FIVE Doubletrees next to the airport.
8. Over three dozen stranded passengers overwhelm hotel shuttle driver who speaks but does not understand English.
9. It's 12:39 a.m. here in Denver and the wake up call is for 4:00 a.m.