Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Carspotting (26): 1984 Isuzu Impulse Piazza Special Edition

I got lost today. As I looked for a sign to the highway, I saw this parked on the street. It's my first car, the Isuzu Impulse SE. The Special Edition is charcoal gray and comes with these gorgeous gold rims. Classy. It was touted as rarer than a Ferrari. Incidentally, the existence of this car shoots down Hagerty's recent assertion that the Impulse is extinct.

I briefly spoke to the owner, who graciously stood aside while I snapped these shots. Surprisingly, he wasn't too excited about the Giugiaro styling. He likes his car because of its excellent fuel economy.

This Impulse differs from mine in four respects.
  1. Mine was an automatic.
  2. This one has tinted windows.
  3. This one has an aftermarket CD player and is missing the OEM equalizer.
  4. Mine had an aftermarket sunroof.
All in all, this was a very satisfying find.


No comments: