Friday, August 30, 2013

San Francisco Bay ferry record will be set tomorrow


The eastern span of the Bay Bridge is being replaced this weekend, so it is closed to all traffic. In response, the ferry schedule has been boosted and I will be taking advantage of it.

I will attempt to visit all seven major* commuter stops in 10 hours and 5 minutes. I will start at 7:30 a.m. in Vallejo (top right). All of the stops end in San Francisco so I will be very familiar with the San Francisco Ferry Building complex. I will also visit both stops in Alameda, the stop in Oakland at Jack London Square, and in the afternoon after a jook lunch, I will visit Sausalito and Larkspur in Marin County (north of San Francisco). 

This will be a record because I am positive no one before has had the patience, tenacity, or courage to even attempt it!

*South San Francisco is technically a commuter stop but due to lack of ridership (even during weekdays), it will not be open this weekend.

No comments: