Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Exposing One's 993 Turbo

I just spent a relaxing weekend in Laguna Beach. I was amazed by the sheer quantity and quality of the exotic iron down there. 356s of every iteration. At least six Lamborghinis, a Dino, two 190SL roadsters, a Bentley Continental, three Cobras, etc., etc.

What shocked me the most was what I witnessed on the street where we were staying. Across the street from our cottage, outside a modest garage which abutted the street (there was no sidewalk), sat a midnight blue 993 Turbo in Concours condition. I asked myself, why doesn't the owner park the Porsche in his garage? Why expose it to the elements?

Then I got my answer. The garage door opened and out came a red Ferrari 275. It was magnificent. The muffled burbling from the V12 sent a shiver down my spine. I immediately imagined what I'd do with that car on PCH. The thoughts were lewd.

That's why the Porsche was parked outside, exposed.


CKY

No comments: