Sunday, January 06, 2019

Lassen, Modoc, and Trinity Counties!


I did eleven hours of driving Friday to see these far northern California counties. I drove three hours north to Redding. Then I drove two hours northeast on Highway 299 through Lassen County, and crossed the Modoc County border. I then drove back to Redding (another two hours). I next drove west on Highway 299 to the Trinity County border (30 minutes), then doubled back to Redding (another 30 minutes), and drove for another three hours home.

The scenery wasn't really breathtaking. The only exception was the segment from Redding to the Trinity County border. The Carr Fire last summer burned that area and now the route is hauntingly beautiful.

As for food, I had a wonderful chicken fried steak and eggs breakfast at Anna's Country Kitchen in Burney and a savory muffuletta sandwich at Olive Pit in Corning, the Olive Capital of the World.

I apologize for the lack of photos. I was anxious to get back to my family so I was driving almost the entire time.

So now, I only need to see Alpine County and then I will have visited all 58 California counties!

No comments: