Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Finally found some Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars worth buying for Junior

I'm very particular about the cars. I don't like the fictional hot rods that Hot Wheels makes. I don't even like realistic cars if the paint schemes look too weird. I've been looking every time I go to a drug store or Target (for 3+ months now). I found these over the weekend while making a diaper run.

I guess Hot Wheels and Matchbox are the same now.

I'm not a fan of American cars, but this Corvette is one of the quintessential muscle cars of the modern era. It's a must-have.


And as obnoxious as these Raptors are on the road, they are representative of what a cool American truck is.


And, I got this airport shuttle. Junior's collection shouldn't all be privately owned passenger cars. He should have a nice assortment of buses, dump trucks, and emergency vehicles.

Gosh, I hope he likes cars.


2 comments:

augie said...

love it. i bought a steady stream of matchbox cars for my daughter -- she loves cars, but at 3 years old she's now more interested in minnie mouse and daisy duck.

@slirt said...

I love Hot Wheels & still shop for them, too, but this " I don't like the fictional hot rods that Hot Wheels makes. I don't even like realistic cars if the paint schemes look too weird" sums me up completely! Admittedly i love(d) and still have my OG Red Line fictional cars from childhood, but nowadays i only want realistic, and the more hyperreal the better. Also, now that I've seen it on several automotive TV shows of late, I'm dying to go to the HW office in El Segundo; i wish they'd open a museum.

"I guess Hot Wheels and Matchbox are the same now." Huh, I didn't realize Mattel owns/makes them (20yrs now!); per Wiki, "In May 1992, it sold the brand to Tyco Toys, the toy division of which was bought out in turn by Mattel in 1997, uniting Matchbox with its longtime rival Hot Wheels under the same corporate banner. Under Mattel, the name "Matchbox International Ltd." was terminated." #TMYK