Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Civic gets its eyes done

Even after we get the Land Cruiser, we are keeping the Civic. With a Blue Book value of just $2,363(!), it is "worth" a lot more to us. It doesn't have a single flaw, has been meticulously maintained since new, and has just 130,000 miles.

The only issue is the foggy headlamps. I was just going to buy new assemblies on Amazon and replace the originals. But the local mechanic said she has a guy who can polish them. These are the before and after pictures.



Much better. Now, I want to flatten that license plate. Rubber mallet?

5 comments:

slirt said...

definitely an improvement; mine aren't nearly as bad (yet) but i've priced refurbs and I've gotten $60 and $125 per light.
is that the same ballpark?

Maxichamp said...

@slirt: $140 for both.

slirt said...

thanks :thumbup:

F1Outsider said...

You can do this yourself at home with a $20 kit and a power drill. It's super easy. I used to do it on my Mazda every few months... The Florida sun was brutal on headlights.

Maxichamp said...

@F1O: Yeah, I should have asked the price before I had them do it. But that place has done a lot of things for us for free over the years, so I'm not mad.