Saturday, March 05, 2016

Eating the Globe: Malaysia


I had no idea there was a Malaysian restaurant in Oakland's Chinatown. Chilli Padi is definitely worth a try if you're in the area. We went yesterday and it was packed with Malaysians-- integrated tables with ethnically Malay, Chinese, and Indian friends.

We started with the sampler. The chicken was juicy and the peanut sauce was rich. The appetizer also came with fried tofu, a moist and soft roti, a couple of potato samosas, and a salad.


My date ordered the dry curry lamb. The meat was very tender.


I had the laksa mee noodle soup. The soup base had a hint of tomato and I really enjoyed the okra-- something I've never had in Asian food.

Countries tried so far:
Africa: Ethiopia
Asia: Burma, China, India, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Europe: Bosnia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, Sweden
North America: Mexico, USA
South America: Brazil, Chile

No comments: