001. 1962 was a long time ago. In that year, Pope John XXIII excommunicated Fidel Castro, Algeria won its independence, and Ringo replaced Pete Best.
002. You know it's an old timey James Bond when the gun barrel sequence features a Bond with a hat. (0:38)
003. The graphics intensive sequence, which probably took a team months to put together, can probably be done now in an hour by a 12 year old with a six year old Mac. (0:54)
004. Red Stripe beer becomes the first of many product placement deals in the 007 franchise. (1:03)
005. Why are the tires squealing on a dirt road? (1:49)
006. Were there no English-speaking Asian or hapa actors available? (2:21)
007. Austin Powers nods: Dr. No-Dr. Evil, their Nehru jackets, their plastic contamination suits. (2:21, 2:54)