Tomorrow, we fly to Santiago. We'll spend a day and a half there and then fly home. Marge is taking a cooking class today. I will take it easy and visit the planetarium. So how bad of a day was it for me?
- LAN Argentina, the national airline, just went on strike.
- All long distance bus drivers also went on strike.
- The heat wave is still going strong.
- I found a hair in my lunch.
- Because of the heat, I took a cab to the planetarium. It cost much more than I anticipated due to a traffic jam.
- Upon arrival, I learn that the planetarium is closed for remodeling.
- Because of the expensive cab ride, I don't have enough cash to take a cab back to the hotel.
- As I walk back, my ten year old hiking boot (left) disintegrates from the hot pavement.
There were two small highlights. On my trek back to the hotel, I visited an Alfa Romeo dealership and picked up a brochure for my dream car, a red 159. I don't think the rico suave salesman was impressed with my sweatiness or my hobo shoe. He was drinking an espresso and chatting with the leggy receptionist when I shuffled in.
After I got back to the hotel, I saw a great indie flick called Take Out. It's about a day in the life of a New York Chinese restaurant delivery man.