Sunday, March 30, 2008

X Door Lagondas

During a recent trip to Athens, GA, I was pleasantly surprised by the abundance of foreign, and sometimes exotic, metal plying the streets. I saw a Defender 110 and a Porsche 928 GT4, both in very good condition, parked downtown. I also saw a college kid driving what I would hope is his dad's Merc W221.

While perusing the auto mags at an Athens Borders (they are everywhere and all carry the exact same inventory), I came upon an Aston Martin I had never heard of before, the Lagonda V8 Saloon.

No, this is not the wedge shaped saloon with the Star Trekkie CRT dash. This is a 1974 Aston Martin V8 with a stretched wheelbase and a couple of extra doors. Though this 160 mph super saloon was perfect in many ways, the Middle East oil crisis killed its chances of success. Only seven were ever built.

The grill is a little too busy.


The Oscar India rear mod is a nice touch.

Great rear 3/4 angle shot.

How did this two-door Lagonda get here?

CKY

No comments: