Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rides of Heads of State (Part 13)

No word from Iceland's prime minister's office yet. I've decided to aim for 100 countries for this series. It may be revived in the future, but my research resources are limited and I am running out of leads. Also, for the first time in this series, I am including today cars of leaders who are not necessarily the heads of government, to which I had previously limited myself. Today, some of the vehicles are actually those of heads of state. If that was confusing, please disregard what I just said. I give you today's installment.

80. Fiji. Last December, the Fijian prime minister was ousted by the military in a coup. In homage to the outgoing PM, I give you the last shot of his Land Cruiser leaving his compound on the day of the coup.

81. Estonia. The Estonians, looking West, love fancy German and American cars. Rumor has it that it has more Hummers per capita than any other country. For the PM, the Audi A8 suits him perfectly.

82, 83, 84, 85. Somalia, Luxembourg, Lesotho, Albania. The president, Grand Duke, king, and president of these respective nations all ride in S-class Mercedes.

86, 87. Iraq, Serbia. The presidents of Iraq and Serbia both ride in 7 series BMWs. Let's hope they are equipped with the 6 liter for that quick getaway.

88. Mongolia. In this land of few roads but many steppes, the PM rides in a Land Cruiser.

Tally so far:
S-class: 31
7 series: 10
Land Cruiser: 8
Maybach: 5
Phaeton: 4
A8: 4
G-wagen: 2
Holden: 2
Jag: 2
ZIL: 2

One of each of the following: Lancia, Hyundai, Skoda, A6, Peugeot, Renault, Lincoln, VW van, Cadillac, London taxi, Daimler, Suburban, Toyota Century, Hongqi, Bentley, Rolls, Ford Fairlane, Aston Martin

CKY

No comments: