Sunday, January 01, 2023

Berkeley Cars and Coffee photos

I've heard rumors about this clandestine car meet for a while, but I never checked it out. Until now. I've been to countless shows and am quite jaded, but this was a very fresh show with a fascinating combination of cars.

On the way there, a Lamborghini Miura S passed us. I got so excited and handed my phone to my son. Whenever he rides with me and we see something interesting, I ask him to take photos for me. 


It even got off at the same exit as us.


First, I met AutoNerdery and his Saab. I recently asked him to make two little cars for me. They are ready and I just need to pick them up. I am excited!


There's always a Biturbo at a car show, but I love them! They were $8,000 used when I was 16 and I so wanted one. But the price was too steep for this Arby's cashier making $5.00 an hour.




Rchen's Citroen XM. Some of you may remember that I delivered it to him from Portland.


TelstarLogistic's Japanese fire truck. My son adores this machine. He grabbed my phone and started snapping shots.





Donuts!





Hey, it's the Miura!


How many Montreals show up at Cars & Coffee?


M5 wagon.


I told my son that this Alfa is my wife's favorite car, so he got to work.



Then, this Carina pulled in. I was gobsmacked. I had never seen one in America. This was the car I was brought home in from the hospital in Yokohama. The owner bought it from the elderly original owner recently. I was floored.



Well? Cool show, right?