Sunday, October 10, 2010

2010 All Italian Car And Motorcycle Show Alameda photos

After a huge and satisfying Octoberfest lunch at Speisekammer, we headed over to the Italian car show.  For you Murilee Martin fans, Alameda is the town in which he based his Down On the Street series.  In our brief drive to the event, I saw the following cars parked on the street: Studebaker Avanti, early 1960s Thunderbird, grey market two-door Gelandewagen, Mercedes W140 600SEL, Model T truck, and a 1960s Cougar XR7.  Simply jaw dropping.

I'm a big proponent of taking a walk around the parking lot of the car event, and these are the interesting cars (and motorcycle) I found.  Look at the size disparity between the old Italian and modern American cars.

Even a Ford Focus looks big here.



Gilera motorcycle.

This RS6 is obviously not Italian.  I'm usually not in favor of pimping out high performance German sedans, but this was executed quite tastefully.

Now for the show.  Disclaimer: Due to the long-ish lunch, we got to the show quite late.  I suspect that many of the show cars had already packed up and left by the time we arrived.  Still, there were some delightful cars left.

The Lancia Fulvia coupe is quickly becoming my all time favorite Italian car.  Very business like and professional looking.

This Alfa Romeo 2600 piqued my interest because it was so big.

Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato.

Ferrari Boxer.

This Fulvia is for sale for $8,500.

Ferrari 250 GTE.

That period correct license plate cannot be original.  It looks too nice.

Alfa Romeo Giulia SS.

This Fiat was quite popular with the crowd.

C. Obert's Fiat truck.

Ferrari 250 GT.

Ferrari 330 GT.

5 comments:

Edvin said...

Loving those old Ferrari's, especially that 330. They look and sound soooo much better than the modern ones. Thanks again!

Rich said...

Sorry to have missed you! But as a Speisekammer fan myself, I can totally understand. Some more photos just posted <a href="http://rchen.smugmug.com/Events/201010-Alameda-All-Italian-Car/14138036_bYbRf#1042629089_RneT3>here</a>.

Alan said...

Is there any thing sexier than vintage Italian sports cars?

<3 old Lancias.

Go visit Eddins!

Maxichamp said...

@Alan: Eddins is definitely on my list. I'm dedicating this coming weekend to picking up and setting up my coffee table. Then, I hope to visit a local car collection, which, you can say, is the exact opposite of Italian cars.

John L said...

Buy the Fulvia. You won't regret it.