Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rides of Heads of State (Part 28.2)

186. Seychelles. Toyota Land Cruiser. So the latest internet buzz is about cuil, which is supposedly going to make google obsolete like leaded gasoline. Well, I'm not too crazy about the interface, but I did snag James Michel's ride quickly and easily. I just cuil'ed "james michel car" and got a link to an obscure Chinese news article about how Michel (then an incumbent) arrived at the polling place in his Toyota SUV. I'll play around with cuil some more before I make a final judgment.

187. Sao Tome e Principe. BMW 7 series. I expected a humble Land Cruiser for Fradique de Menezes. But I guess with the possibility of the country sitting on top of lots of oil, a BMW is a must.


Updated tally:
S-class: 58
Land Cruiser: 19
7 series: 16
A8: 11
Caddy: 7
Maybach: 6
Suburban/Yukon/Escalade: 6
Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero: 4
Phaeton: 4
G-wagen: 4
Holden-Chevy-Opel: 4
H2: 3
Jag: 2
ZIL: 2
Volvo: 2
Touareg: 2
Lincoln: 2
Toyota Crown: 2
Merc E-class: 2

One of each of the following: Lancia, Hyundai, Skoda, A6, Peugeot, Renault, Lincoln, VW van, London taxi, Daimler, Toyota Century, Hongqi, Bentley, Rolls, Ford Fairlane, Aston Martin, SEAT, Ford Expedition, Nissan Patrol, Stutz, Suzuki, Camry, Toyota Sequoia, Proton, Land Rover, Ford F150, Mitsubishi Galant, Hummer H1, Chrysler Imperial, Mitsu L200 pick-up, Mazda truck.

I still need to identify cars from the following countries:
  • Europe: San Marino
  • Africa: Guinea-Bissau, Mauritania, Niger
  • Oceania: Kiribati, Micronesia, Solomon Island
CKY

No comments: